Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant
The role of the Virtual Care Clinician is to provide the highest quality medical care with a primary focus on low-risk conditions, disease prevention, health promotion and patient engagement, utilizing evidence-based standards of care. The NP/PA will liaise between our acute care offerings and patient needs to facilitate a thorough evaluation and expedited access to quality care.
• Demonstrates professionalism and promotes high quality care representing InterMed’s mission, vision and values.
• Utilizes asynchronous technology to assess, diagnose and treat patients virtually.
• Provides high quality medical care through telehealth platform
• Appropriately identifies patient cases that require escalation to phone call, video or in person appointment.
• Works in collaboration with physicians and clinical support staff to perform health assessments and diagnose and treat patients with acute and chronic injuries and illnesses.
• Promotes health maintenance and wellness.
• Prescribes medication; orders diagnostic tests; carries out minor in-office procedures; makes referrals; and performs any other clinical care within the scope of practice and established protocols.
• Manages time efficiently and maintains flexibility with scheduling for the purposes of maximizing patient access to care.
• Demonstrates sound knowledge base and uses critical thinking skills.
• Maintains confidentiality at all times and delivers care in a manner that preserves patient autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs; including protected health information and health records.
• Provides patient centered and culturally sensitive care.
• Takes the initiative to work through conflicts in a manner that promotes teamwork and unity.
• Flexibility to provide in-practice care as business dictates.
• Responds to medical emergencies with the care team and administers CPR and basic first aid when required.
• Demonstrates self-directed learning and seeks ways to meet own professional development through investigative inquiry, collaboration, and learning opportunities.
• Participates in orientation and staff professional development activities.
• Participates in training and is in compliance with all policies, procedures and safety requirements of InterMed staff.
• The NP/PA will participate in quality measure initiatives, NP/PA group meetings, department meetings and organizational committees as needed.
• Successful completion of accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner academic program
• 2 or more years acute care experience, preferred
• Maintain current national certification by an accrediting body
• Current licensure to practice in the state of Maine
• Current DEA License, including Schedule II Privileges
• Current BLS certification
• Maintain continuing education appropriate for scope of practice and licensure
• Independent decision-making, professional judgment, and problem solving skills
• Interpersonal/human relations skills
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a busy environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Basic computer skills, experience with EMR preferred
• Basic knowledge of billing and reimbursement
Fulltime in office position at our 50 Foden Rd. location in South Portland, ME. State of Maine residence is required for this position.
InterMed is an equal opportunity workplace and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.