Full job description
Vascular Clinical Specialist – Portland, Maine
Additional Locations: US-ME-Southern/Portland
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
This Clinical position requires someone with a strong clinical aptitude that can work in a team environment. Responsibilities unique to this position are having a good understanding of the lab/operating room and being able to build strong relationships with the physicians and the staff. The Peripheral Interventions team with Boston Scientific is looking for high energy, driven, passionate people, looking to not just change jobs, but start an amazing career!
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In Peripheral Intervention (PI) we treat vascular system blockages in areas such as the carotid and renal arteries and the lower extremities, treating, Peripheral Vascular Diseases and Pulmonary Embolisms. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Carotid Artery Stenting, Embolic Protection Balloon Catheters, Vascular Protection, Iliac Solutions and Renal Solutions. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in Peripheral Interventional treatments.
This Clinical Representative will have the opportunity to promote company products within a defined geographic territory. This will be accomplished by expanding usage of company products within current accounts in an effort to meet a sales quota based on company sales goals and to directly increase sales revenue of the company.
Your responsibilities include:
- Assist in execution of pro-active regional plan that involves clinical, sales, and service support to improve market share and increase quality of service to customers.
- Serves as primary resource for clinical support in the areas of case coverage, basic troubleshooting, specialty product usage and customer training.
- Attends cases in customer accounts and advises physicians on clinical attributes / techniques associated with our peripheral products. Represents PI field organization during designated BSC clinic lab days.
- Educates customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms. Provide supplemental training support during product launches and for high touch specialty products.
- Responds to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel to develop optimal solutions.
- Responsible for consignment inventory tracking, semiannual audits, expired product and returns.
- Ensure timely collection, reporting of all required medical documentation pertaining to our procedural device operation.
- Fully support the Quality Policy by building quality into all aspects of the incumbent’s work and by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent)
- Previous Cardiovascular and endovascular experience.
- 3 years of competitive field clinical experience or in related clinical field or minimum of 6 full years in related clinical field
- Proven ability to take on a large number of accounts and travel.
- Problem solving and the ability to be coached and directed by other teammates will allow collaboration.
Among other requirements, Boston Scientific maintains specific drug testing requirements for safety-sensitive positions. This role is deemed safety-sensitive and, as such, candidates will be subject to a drug test as a pre-employment requirement. The goal of the drug testing requirement is to increase workplace safety in compliance with applicable law.
Requisition ID: 564867
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.