Cornerstone was founded in 1999, listed on NASDAQ in 2011, acquired Saba Software in a $1.3bn deal in April 2020 and was taken private by Clearlake Capital in October 2021 for $5.2bn. As we embark on the next stage of our corporate journey, our global tax team of 8 will be pivotal in supporting the business through a period of immense change. Clearlake Capital are known for their buy-and-build software investment strategy, so alongside our existing business as usual role, legal entity rationalization and ERP projects, the tax team will support the business in integrating new acquisitions.
In line with Cornerstone’s vision for the future of work, this role is flexible on location, remote or in an office in North America.
This position within the Tax team and will report to the US Tax Director. This candidate will be a key contributor to many departmental goals and objectives and manage multiple projects including acquisitions and complex transactions. This person will be responsible for tax related functions such as ensuring the Company is in compliance with Federal, State and International tax laws, preparation of GAAP reporting under ASC 740 and FIN 48, and research and analysis of tax issues. This person will be asked to communicate effectively with all management teams, and stay current with corporate tax best practices and changing tax laws.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, strong communicator, hardworking and able to interact with management and various teams on a daily/regular basis. This candidate must be focused, intelligent, dependable, and able to have manage multiple tasks at the same time.
In this role you will .
• Prepare global income tax provisions for multiple entities and jurisdictions and deferred tax asset/liability calculations in accordance with ASC 740
• Be responsible for overseeing US tax compliance
• Provide support for foreign tax compliance
• Prepare tax reconciliations
• Manage tax audit and enquires
• Be involved in legal entity reorganization activities
• Gain valuable M&A and integration experience
• Be involved in tax planning processes and modelling
• Tax research and plan to minimize tax burden, while considering various business scenarios, working on projects to maintain and reduce the Company’s effective tax rate and taxes paid.
You’ve got what it takes if you have
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 7+ years of US corporate tax experience
• Motivated self-starter with a desire to learn, develop their knowledge base and take ownership
• Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and ASC 740
• Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and be a team player
• Experience working in a team under pressure to meet deadlines
• Microsoft Excel experience & pivot tables.
• Working knowledge of Oracle
• Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
• Consideration for privacy and security obligations
Extra Dose of Awesomeness if you have
• CPA license
• Big 4 experience
• Industry corporate tax experience
• Knowledge and experience with Oracle
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at (see below
To apply for this job please visit salutemyjob.com.