Mace is an inclusive employer and welcomes interest from a diverse range of candidates. Even if you feel you do not fulfil all of the criteria below, please apply as you may still be the best candidate for this role or another role within our organisation. We are also open to discussing part time, flexible, and hybrid working options if suitable within the role. Should you require any adjustments to assist during the application/hiring process please advise us.
Project: We’re building our Rail Project Management team in York, Derby, Newcastle, London and Peterborough. If you have a background working on Railway schemes, we’d love to hear from you.This role is anticipated to start in the first quarter of 2024.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Deliver individual projects or parts of projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Rail company standards, current legislation and procedures.
• Provide a professional, consistent and effective project management service including the use of performance indicators and project reporting systems in accordance with company standards and guidelines.
• Manage the development and delivery of change projects in compliance with company processes and procedures.
• Manage tactical change and risks within the project life cycle for allocated schemes.
• Assist or lead in the provision of a safe working environment in the execution of managed work.
• Manage the production of project management plans.
• Manage project budgets within agreed targets.
• Deliver regular progress reports on change projects, including relevant risks and issues, to the Programme Manager.
• Promote and monitor the use of efficiency improvement methods.
• Undertaking accident investigation when remitted by the relevant designated competent person.
• Identifying and implementing quality and efficiency improvement initiatives.
• Leading and inspiring the team to maintain full engagement in meeting business objectives.
• Managing and complying with company procedures to provide appropriate resources, communication strategies, training, competency and evaluate fitness of staff to safely deliver their accountabilities.
• Acting upon and discharge of, all Construction Design Management (CDM) obligations for projects as directed.
You’ll have relevant experience in the successful management of major programmes of work in the rail industry. You have knowledge of the principles of health and safety legislation, environmental and best practice.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer
To apply for this job please visit www.totaljobs.com.