Address: USA-ME-Winthrop-399 Main Street
Store Code: Store 08289 Grocery (7244827
Hannaford Supermarkets started out as a fresh produce vendor in Portland, Maine way back in 1883, and is still connected to those early roots as a local market. Hannaford actively seeks out farmers and producers to join our Local program which celebrates not only local foods, but the preservation of farmland, local traditions and local jobs. The connection we have to the source of our fresh foods is core to the way we do business, becoming the first major supermarket in the United States to document that all its seafood products were sustainably harvested.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Observe and follow all company policies and established standard practices.
• Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and follow company personal appearance policy.
• Follow instruction from Scan Support or Merchandising when special circumstances dictate.
• Ensure that price-change activities are performed on the days specified by standard practice.
• Ensure that the price we charge our customers is the correct price and the item has all correct attribute information attached.
• Make sure that scan error sheets and not-on-file sheets are researched and taken care of in a timely manner.
• Keep a log of all manual retail price change activity.
• Follow specific instructions on special promotions from Marketing.
• Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervisor.
• Effective communication and customer service skills.
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to consistently perform multiple tasks.
• Working knowledge of computers. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel is helpful but not necessary.
• Availability to work on specific days of the week and early morning shifts, especially Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
• Perform repetitive hand and arm motions while standing, including pinching, reaching, and grasping.
• Bend and lift and/or move products weighing up to 50 pounds
• Frequent kneeling and squatting.
• Utilize desk top and hand-held computers to enter and retrieve data
• Have sufficient visual acuity to check UPC codes and tag information such as dates, order code numbers, pack and package size.
• Monitor and verify all additions and changes made to the store’s Item File.
• Maintain acceptable scan file related shelf conditions as defined in standard practice.
• Work with Management, Scan Support and Merchandising to correct and improve maintenance input.
• Test scan items in all areas of the store, report discrepancies, and follow up to make sure discrepancies have been corrected.
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to retail price information and promotion information.
• Take initiative to aggressively solve time sensitive issues.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with store personnel, corporate associates and DSD vendors.
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Salary range is between $18.95 – $27.25 Hrly
Hannaford provides equal opportunity in employment to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), age, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 352762_external_USA-ME-Winthrop_11172023
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.