Benchmark Senior Living
Programming/Activity Coordinator – Memory Care
Pay Range $17.75/hr – $19.00/hr
Want to make your mark? Join Benchmark, a new type of senior living company. At Benchmark, we impact lives through human connection. We are thought leaders creating quality experiences and inspiring personal growth for all who engage with us. We just happen to imagine, build and manage beautiful, private-pay communities geared toward older adults. Are you Called to Care about your work, other people and making a difference? Do you believe that people and teams are Better Together than going it alone? Are you always striving to Be the Benchmark by which all others are measured? Then our core values match. Connect with us -and to what truly matters!
The Memory Care Activity Coordinator is responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing programs and services for our residents with cognitive impairment by providing a therapeutic environment that maintains each resident’s highest level of physical, social and psychological well-being. Our memory program is intended to fulfill basic psychological, intellectual, physical, social and emotional and spiritual needs while promoting self-esteem in a caring, nurturing environment.
• Develops and implements an innovative seven day a week activity program that is engaging
• Responsible for leading and implementing one-on-one, small group and large group activities according to the programming schedule
• Supports, encourages and directs independent activity pursuits, both individually and in small groups
• Supports the resident’s abilities by understanding that all aspects of care can be viewed as an activity
• Demonstrates knowledge about residents in regard to background, participation needs, physical abilities, interests, cognitive capacity and attention span capability
• Encourages and motivates residents to attend and participate in programming and activities
• Communicates any changes in the residents condition or behavior pattern to Memory Care Director
• Assists in the production of a quality monthly newsletter and calendar and Daily Activity Calendar on a timely basis
• Must have a high school diploma, bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and knowledge of aging and disability issues. Must be qualified by experience and training to develop programs appropriate for elders and disabled individuals.
• Possesses training and knowledge in recreational activities
• Possesses training and knowledge of Alzheimer’s and related dementias
• Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding residents, staff, and the community
• Shows an ability to relate to and perform job functions for the elderly in a positive and efficient manner
• Shows a consistent ability to coordinate multiple tasks, demonstrates a positive attitude, and works well under pressure
We believe in offering our employees competitive pay. To learn more about our pay and benefits, please apply today
To apply for this job please visit salutemyjob.com.