Archipelago, Island Institute’s retail store and fine arts gallery, is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join our team. This position is responsible for creating and delivering digital content to drive and increase web sales, in-store shopping, customer engagement, and Archipelago brand recognition. This is done via social media, email, website, as well as other media in support of Island Institute member engagement. The Coordinator oversees the marketing calendar considering all inputs and opportunities for engagement.
Headquartered in the beautiful coastal community of Rockland, Maine, Archipelago is a unique made-in-Maine shop and gallery setting. Over 250 artists, crafters, and authors from 15 different islands and the coast of Maine are represented in the store. https://thearchipelago.net/
Manage Archipelago Website:
• Curates and uploads new items and artists to go online.
• Creates and drives content for web products, artists information and manages content for storytelling and brand promotional opportunities
• Creates and maintains a list of staff and customer favorites
Manage Social Media Channels:
• Utilizes Instagram and Facebook for content generation, storytelling pieces and managing Archipelago’s sales channel.
• Responsible for online interactions with customers on behalf of Archipelago – messages, comments, questions, etc
• Promotes Archipelago by seeking out new social media audiences, and engaging with customers, online collaborators/vendors, like-organizations, and other external audiences.
• Reports on and analyzes digital marketing metrics; review of Shopify Analytics crucial to understanding online shopping and content
Mailing List Eblasts:
• Schedules, formats, and sends eblasts.
• Maintains customer lists.
Print and other online Advertising
• An undergraduate degree, with focus on media/communications, or related field
• At least 2 years’ experience working in related fields.
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to utilize storytelling about artists and makers, creative economy, products and more.
• Technology experience, including social media platforms, email marketing software, and Office 365 applications, graphic design software (In-Design), website design, and photo editing software (Photoshop and/or Lightroom).
• Demonstrated experience or a portfolio showing use of social media and planned marketing strategies to increase visibility.
• Exceptional organizational skills, including managing files, photographs, and other assets.
• Ability to give and receive constructive and helpful feedback with colleagues.
What we offer:
Base pay for this position is $46,700 with a range that depends on experience and skills related to position responsibilities and qualifications.
While there is no deadline for submitting your application, the application period will close when the position is filled. Contact Susan Haversat at firstname.lastname@example.org if reasonable accommodation is required to complete the application.
Based in Rockland, Maine, the Island Institute is a nonprofit organization and an equal opportunity “at-will” employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities based upon an individual’s ability and qualifications. We do not discriminate against people on the basis of race, citizenship, ancestry, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, mental or physical disability.
For more information about the Island Institute and our work along the Maine coast, please visit www.islandinstitute.org
To apply for this job please visit www.salary.com.