CHAR Hospitality Group
For over 14 years CHAR Hospitality has created and operated some of Calgary’s most beloved places to eat and drink. We are a group of chef’s, hospitality veterans & creators who share a passion to create memorable experiences for all who walk through our doors. We believe in an enjoyable working environment based on respect, opportunities for growth and support of personal goals.
We are looking for a team leader who puts people first, is energetic, creative & detail oriented.
The General manager is an integral contributor to the overall success of our restaurants. Our properties include multiple outlets; rooftop bars, lounges, In-Room Dining, patios and event spaces. The General Manager will strategically plan and coordinate the organization of everything relating to the delivery of exceptional food, beverage and service. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to lead a team and direct the vision of a high performing operation. No two days will be alike, our teams look to this leadership role for mentorship, development and guidance.
Within the CHAR Hospitality family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, our teams, and our guests. This is not an exhaustive list of all the General Managers responsibilities.
Key responsibilities for this position are:
• Mentoring supervisors, managers and our team to provide guidance and meaningful learning opportunities through relationships and targeted assignments
• Generate growth and restaurant sales through marketing initiatives
• Create an engaging and energetic environment where all associates work as a team
• Achieving the highest service standards & exceeding guest expectations daily
• Achieve operational objectives of all outlets by preparing actions plans, implementing productivity, quality & standards of service
• Work closely with our Event Sales and Operation teams to ensure successful day to day operation
• Must have a passion for being active on the floor interacting with our teams and guests
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience within the hospitality industry
• Experience in a high volume, upscale casual dining environment
• Experience with Micros, Square and Open Table
• Experience helping customers and servers select wine pairings, procuring and managing wines, and conducting the wine service.
• Self-starter, flexible, and able to work independently
• Ability to coach employees and managers
• Ability to multitask, and change priorities constantly as needed in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to conduct written and verbal performance reviews
• Strong business acumen
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
• Company events
• Dental care
• Discounted or free food
• Extended health care
• Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
• French not required
• Evening shift
Supplemental pay types:
• Bonus pay
• Secondary School (preferred)
• Hospitality Leadership: 2 years (required)
• English (preferred)
• Smart Serve (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2024-02-17