American Heart Association
Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career
The American Heart Association (the “Association”) has an excellent opportunity for a Development Coordinator. This office based position is located in Manchester NH . This position will require periodic travel for events (to New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine and Massachusetts). This position is responsible for duties associated with supporting development team members in their fundraising efforts. Duties include managing data in several event management systems related to leadership, donations and event logistics, handling event planning with vendors and volunteers, processing payments in the financial system and collaborating with colleagues and departments on a variety of other important tasks that advance our mission.
• This is an office-based position which will require travel to events and meetings including overnight travel (primarily New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine and Massachusetts).
• Non-exempt hourly position with a 37.5-hour work week
• Must be willing to work outside of standard hours as needed, including occasional weekends in support of events.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as additional training and support, locally.
#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued™ at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn , Instagram , Facebook , Twitter , and at heart.org.
The Development Coordinator is a key element in supporting a cohesive, efficient, and productive workplace.
• Meeting regularly with directors and volunteers to maintain open lines of communication to ensure objectives are being achieved.
• Maintaining a high level of service by responding to customer inquiries both internally and externally in a knowledgeable and timely manner.
• Performing other duties as required to support Directors/Sr. Directors, Vice Presidents, and Senior Vice Presidents.
• Assisting in the coordination and execution of leadership and board meetings.
• Preparing presentations, correspondence and documentation in a timely manner including meeting minutes.
• Working independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
Whether planning a donor reception, a Heart Walk or a Gala experience, the Development Coordinator is responsible for helping to plan and implement a variety of events which will appeal to both current and potential donors. Duties include:
• Coordinating logistical aspects of events such as:
• Securing and planning details with vendors for venues, catering, entertainment, AV and staging etc. and ensuring proper Association legal review and approval
• Implementing all Association risk reduction procedures
• Recruiting, scheduling, and training volunteers to assist with projects and events to ensure a positive experience.
• Attending in-person events to help with set up, execution and tear down
• Acting as a point of contact for vendors, supporters, sponsors, volunteers, and attendees.
• Preparing ADA compliant digital event communications for save the dates, invitations, event logistics, event programs, and other marketing materials as needed in coordination with Association marketing and communications professionals using Association design templates and branding guidelines.
• Possible involvement in virtual event production including coordinating event content, creating multi-media presentations, and providing technical support for digital experiences.
Process, Monitor and Report on Data
Data is central to the success of the organization. This position has the important responsibility of entering, maintaining, and reporting on critical data including donor information, donor payments, event, and prospect details.
• General data entry in the Association data management systems (Microsoft Dynamics, Luminate, Greater Giving, and Event.Gives)
• Processing all event and campaign related data, ensuring accurate record-keeping and monthly reconciliations
• Monitoring data for completeness and accuracy. Correcting irregularities as needed
• Generating reports as needed
Help the American Heart Association maintain the trust of our volunteers, donors, and the public at large by ensuring adherence to accounting guidelines and processes regarding donation and payment processing.
• Research customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Staff Accountant and other team members
• Align with American Heart Association Funds Handling and PCI Procedures for checks, cash, and credit card transactions.
• Input requests for payments in financial system for contracts and invoices.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
• Must have earned a high school diploma or equivalent. University/College degree or or equivalent experience, preferred.
• At least one year’s experience in administrative work, project coordination and/or event management systems with strong attention to detail.
• Experience in event planning, organizing, consultation and event management preferred. Proficient in using web conferencing software (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Event.Gives etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently.
• Must have intermediate skills in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Advanced knowledge and skill with these programs is preferred. These skills are subject to testing.
• Ability to objectively evaluate, make effective decisions and develop alternative solutions.
• Ability to work in a team environment and interact with all levels of American Heart Association staff, volunteers, and the public. This includes ability and willingness to build and cultivate relationships within and outside the American Heart Association.
• Ability to be diplomatic, self-motivated, resourceful, considerate, and tactful.
• Willingness to work in an atmosphere requiring flexibility and change. Validated ability to respond quickly to changing ideas, responsibilities, expectations, strategies, and other processes at work.
• Knowledge of and skill in report preparation, proofreading and attention to detail.
• Access to reliable transportation and ability to maintain valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
• Ability to transport materials and other supplies to and from meetings and events. Ability to and/or move large objects (such as boxes) with the expectation that heavier items would be broken down into smaller components or requesting additional assistance may be required before lifting and/or moving.
• Must pass background check and must be at least 18 years old.
Preferred Qualifications, not mandatory to qualify :
• Nonprofit experience
• Project management experience
• Digital event production experience
• Design skills, preferably in Canva or similar
• Knowledge of email marketing basics
• Experience using Tableau reports
• Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint and Teams
• Experience with vendor negotiation and contract reviews
Attracting dedicated, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
Compensation & Benefits
Expected pay range will be $20.70/hourly to $26.50/hourly. Pay is commensurate with experience; geographic differentials to the pay range may apply.
American Heart Association reserves the right to pay more or less than the posted range.
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
• Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
• Performance and Recognition – You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
• Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
• Professional Development – You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association’s national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
• Work-Life Harmonization – The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
• Tuition Assistance – We support the career development of all employees. This program provides financial assistance to employees who wish to further their education and career in relation to their current duties and responsibilities, or for potential future positions in the organization.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, our mission is to be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, age, language, sexual orientation, national origin and physical or cognitive abilities. We’re committed to ensuring our workforce, workplace culture and mission have a shared impact across a diverse set of backgrounds.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Join our Talent Community!
Join our Talent Community to receive updates on new opportunities and future events.
Posted Date 1 week ago (11/11/2023 3:10 AM)
Requisition ID 2023-11379
Job Category Administrative Support
Additional Locations US-ME-Portland | US-MA-Boston
Position Type Full Time
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.