The Communications and Event Coordinator plays a crucial role in developing and implementing effective communication strategies and in managing the planning and execution of events designed to raise the visibility of ArtVan in the communities where we work and throughout Maine. The Coordinator is responsible for managing social media channels, website development, and coordinating media outreach to ensure consistent and impactful communication. This person also plays a key role in designing and producing outreach materials. The Coordinator works closely with the Executive Director in the planning, coordination, and execution of fundraising and “friendraising” events.
The Coordinator collaborates with Program Staff on content and timing of public facing messages. This position reports to the Executive Director, and works closely with the Engagement Committee.
• Manage website, social media channels, and newsletter
• Coordinate social media postings with Program Staff
• Design promotional and outreach materials such as brochures, postcards, reports, and posters. Facilitate printing or electronic publishing of materials.
• Design development materials for posting on social media and/or print production
• Develop visuals and descriptions for upcoming events
• Post events on local calendars
• Take a lead role in social media/electronic fundraising activities, assist in printed mailings
• Ensure messaging is consistent and “on brand” across all platforms
• Make recommendations to keep communication channels current, dynamic, and relevant
• Play a key role in the planning and execution of at least two major fundraising events each year, including themes, venue selection, logistics, securing donations/vendors, and other tasks necessary to ensure successful events
• Collaborate with community partners to host ArtBars, benefit events, or other fundraising activities
• Organize ArtVan participation in community events as appropriate, be willing to staff events as needed
• Maintain promotional materials for community events, collaborate with program staff on interactive art-making supplies
• Commitment to mission driven work
• 2+ years of experience in related work, preferably in the nonprofit sector
• Experience managing social media accounts, particularly Facebook and Instagram
• Basic graphic design skills
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Familiarity with photography and videography for use in social media
• Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask
• Flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances
• Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed
• Experience with Canva, Square, and MailChimp a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field a plus
• This is a part time, non-exempt position (approx. 15 hours/week)
• Hourly wage $20-$22 depending on experience
• Prorated paid holidays
• Paid vacation time
• Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Communications and Event Coordinator Position in the subject line
• Open until filled, application review begins 12/13
To apply for this job please visit jobs.nonprofitmaine.org.